Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day 2009


Here we are. I'm sitting in a brightly lit corner apartment overlooking one of the busier second-story intersections of Victoria. I can hear a few sirens of varying distance, and the buzz and hum of the morning commuters. 

I wonder how I can even think of this place as earth-like. It looks nothing like Earth in HD. In fact, this world more closely resembles Disneyland (whose new 2008 monicker Disneynature produced the aforelinked film). 'Specially with Disney's Freudian profusion of  veiled sexual expressions.

----------------

So a cute little girl at work today was reciting poems from her class, about Earth Day. She made a promise to try to never throw anything out. It was so sweet, that I attempted to renew my efforts to create an active recycling program at work. We throw out baskets full of receipt paper every day. The effort was somewhat well received (especially when I told the story of the little girl) but it didn't continue. I guess I'll have to buy a really smart-looking recycling bin in order for this to fly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment